Thursday, June 19, 2008


The girls are really getting into the routine, now, and again allowed us to sleep until 7:30 a.m. They are especially a pleasure on bright sunny mornings when we can sit over breakfast and discuss our plans for the day. Unfortunately, those plans have been thwarted several times.

Mom appeared dressed in the kitchen again today and while she is still weak and shaky, she appears to be growing stronger each day and is eating a good breakfast. When Saul left at 8:30 a.m. to have the car door repaired this morning, we thought he would be back in about an hour. At 11:00 a.m. just as I was about to call him, he called me to say that they were still struggling to get the glass out of the locking mechanism. Since the weather was gorgeous and cool again today, we thought we could do something special outdoors. I was disappointed that the whole day was disappearing because of the car door. Saul persuaded them to drive him home and when they actually finished the car at 3:30 p.m., they delivered it to our driveway and left the key under the mat as we had instructed.

I received my final edits around 11:00 a.m. also, so I tried to steal a few minutes to finish up my work before making lunch. Once I started pulling leftovers out of the refrigerator for lunch, I decided to use up a few items that weren't going to last much longer to put together a few meals. We decided at lunch to spend the day at the swim club. Arts and crafts were at 2:00 p.m. and Sami was excited to be there. She made a mobile with wire hangers which we need to find a place to hang tomorrow. It was a bit too chilly to swim, but Sami stayed in the water the whole time other than when she was crafting, and Saul and Izzy braved it for quite a while. I just don't love the water that much and was content to sit on my folding chair and enjoy the cool breezes. The girls both had the opportunity to dive from the diving board again today and Sami went off many times because there were no crowds.

We returned home for dinner around 5:30 p.m. and around 6:30 p.m. we finished up and I stole another hour on the computer to make the last few edits.

At 8:00 p.m. we traveled to a different park than last night, spread out blankets and chairs, and watched an outdoor showing of the movie, Curious George, under the stars. They began the movie almost 45 minutes late. Sami really enjoyed it. Izzy does not have the same attention span. Unfortunately, it was 10:15 by the time we left and we all arrived at home totally exhausted.

Perhaps we will even be able to sleep until 8:00 a.m. tomorrow.

No comments: